Sunday, February 17, 2013

Re-upholstering booth seats


I got these two great booth seats at a thrift store for $15 each. The paint was peeling off the wood, and the vinyl was pretty old and stained. One seat was going to go go in my laundry room, so when we get home, we can sit and take our shoes and coats off. The other was to go on the back porch.



As I began sanding the bench going into the laundry room, it revealed it had been painted multiple times, which I expected, but the colors were exactly those I had just painted in my laundry. I loved the sanded look with the cream and red showing through. So I decided to leave it, and not paint it.



Here is the bench sanded, but I haven't done the upholstery yet.



This is the finished bench in the laundry room. The opposite wall and the wall with the appliances are a pumpkin orange color. The laundry is located off the kitchen, which is also Italian colors of olive green, orange and red. The next blog will be a tutorial of how I upholstered this bench and the the one that is outside on the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment