Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Returning from the Upside Down

Well, I've been gone for quite some time. Don't think anyone noticed, but since this blog is basically for my own opinions and thoughts. I wasn't too concerned. My world has been everything from upside down to sideways and all the angles in between. I've struggled with so many things. Life is weird. It's hard. It sucks sometimes. I withdraw.

Now, I'm getting my feet back under me, and I want to share some things I've gone through and some things the Lord has patiently showed me. Okay, so he had to use some bricks, but I did eventually get it. There are so many things going on in this crazy world. Political unrest, racial wars, crimes against our law enforcement, and just plain meanness. I saw on the news that a 74-year-old man was shot over a parking space today. What in the world?

I may have lost my balance, and I may have lost my interest in life for awhile, but I never lost my faith in the Faithful One. Many times He has had to pick me up and throw me over His shoulders like a "sack o' taters". Often He was rescuing me from certain destruction that I was running headlong toward and at times from my weariness to go on. My humor is sometimes born in pain, so join me as I trudge through this weird thing called life. One of my gifts is encouragement. I may not have answers, but as I come up beside you, and walk this loopy road of life with you, let me tell you what you mean to me and throw in a funny story or two. I hope I inspire you or lift your spirits just a little. At the least, maybe you'll be a little distracted and not notice the rough road.

No comments:

Post a Comment